If you want to cancel a Peacock subscription, it’s very easy. It doesn’t matter if you want to jump off because you’re annoyed by the Royal Rumble and the quality of WWE shows or if you don’t have anything new to watch (after Vigil and Girls5Eva, what exactly is there?), we’ve all the information you need to avoid being billed by Peacock TV.
The weird news is, to paraphrase Lord of The Rings, no one just cancels a Peacock subscription. You just degrade it.
That’s right, because free Peacock plans exist, the way to stop paying for Peacock usually revolves around plucking the Premium Peacock feather from your account. Then you still have a Peacock account – just one that won’t cost you between $4.99 and $9.99 per month.
Personally, I’m stuck with Peacock. It’s the home of WWE live streams in the US, so I’ll finally have to stop watching before I can get away from Peacock. The streaming service also has popular exclusive movies such as The Office and Harry Potter movies.
Here’s how to downgrade your Peacock subscription to a free account.
Canceling a Peacock subscription
1. login peacockTV.com and click on your profile icon in the top right corner.
2. Select the account optionwhich is also in the top right corner.
3. You (probably) need to log in to Peacock to confirm your right to access your account.
4. Click on ‘Change subscription’ next to your current Peacock subscription.
5. Check the box next to Peacock Free. You can stop looking for a “Cancel” button, because there isn’t one.
6. Select “Change subscription” confirm.
7. Select ‘Switch to Free’ below the images of all the things Peacock already tried to show you. Never give in to the ‘begging’ stage of account cancellation.
Congratulations, you are no longer paying for Peacock! Although, technically, it looks like you’re stuck with NBC’s streaming service forever now.
Here’s How To Cancel A Peacock Subscription Without Going Free
Fortunately, there is a way for those who want to delete and delete their Peacock account. It just takes more time, effort and energy than you probably want to put into it. The links below were found at: this NBCUniversal pagewhich was a headache to deal with.
1. Most US residents (except some in California) will go to: this page and fill in the form below. Peacock is the ‘brand’ you want to fill in for line 1.
Good luck escaping the Peacock!