Wondering how to turn off your Samsung Galaxy S22? It’s not as intuitive for a process as you’d hope. Gone are the days of just turning your phone off with just the power button as most voice assistants like Google Assistant and Siri are tied to it. But don’t worry, it’s a very simple process.
Shutting down — or even restarting — your phone is an essential feature. Like most electronics, it can be helpful to turn off your device from time to time. However, the power button on most phones these days won’t actually turn off your device with a long press. You put your phone in sleep mode if you don’t hold it long enough, or you activate the handy but sometimes annoying voice assistants. In the case of the Galaxy S22, it’s the ever-irritating Bixby.
The default setting on the Samsung Galaxy S22 requires you to turn off the device using one of two sequences. Here in this guide, we will detail the two options available, which by default do not require you to change any settings.
How to turn off the Samsung Galaxy S22?
1. Keep both the flow and reduce volume buttons until the power menu appears.
2. You will see three options in this menu, select the ‘Switch off‘ icon at the top.
3. Tap ‘Switch off‘ again to confirm that you want to turn off the device.
There is also another way to turn off the device from the Quick Settings screen.
1. Swipe down from the top of the screen.
2. Swipe down a second time and press the ‘flow‘ icon in the top right corner next to the search icon.
3. You will see three options in this menu, select the ‘Switch off‘ option at the top.
4. Tap ‘Switch off‘ again to confirm that you want to turn off the device.
More Android Tips
Android is a powerful operating system with many features, but we can help you with some things that you may not know.
For example, we also have tutorials on how to take a screenshot on Android and how to take a scrolling screenshot in Android 12, and how to switch keyboards on Android.
In terms of apps, we can show you how to delete apps on Android and how to update Android apps, while clearing Android cache can also be helpful.
Other options include how to record a call on Android and how to scan a QR code on Android, while backing up and restoring text messages on Android should be useful to everyone.