Do you want to know how to cancel HBO Max? While it’s our top pick among the best streaming services, HBO Max isn’t cheap and the subscription cost may not fit your budget. In that case, you may be wondering how to terminate your subscription.
You have to ask HBO Max customer service to cancel HBO Max, but the process can be a bit trickier than with other services as it depends on how you pay for the service. You may have HBO Max because you subscribed to HBO through a cable or satellite TV provider. In that case you have to cancel through your provider.
Alternatively, you can have signed up directly with HBO Max itself. In that case, canceling HBO Max is a lot easier, as you can do it on the website or the mobile app on iPhone and Android.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to canceling HBO Max, both for cable subscribers and standalone users. But before you go, make sure you watch the best HBO Max movies and shows.
How to cancel HBO Max on the website
1. Log in to the HBO Max websiteand click on your name in the top right corner.
2. In the menu that opens, click Subscription.
3. on your left, Click on the †Manage subscription” button.
4. A new window will open. On the right side of the page, click on “Cancel subscription”.
5. Select a reason for your cancellation. It doesn’t matter which one you choose.
6. Click “Yes, cancel subscription.”
7. Check the confirmation page with the subscription expiration date. This also gives you the option to resume your subscription.
How to cancel HBO Max in the mobile app
1. Open the HBO Max app, then tap your account icon in the lower right corner.
2† On your account screen, tap the Settings gear icon in the top left corner.
3. Tap Subscription in the Settings menu.
4. On the next screen, tap ‘Manage subscription’.
5. On the new screen, crane †Cancel subscription.”
6. Select the reason why you are canceling. You can be honest or choose any reason.
7. Tap ‘Yes, cancel subscription’.
8. Check the cancellation page and expiration date. Or, if you have changed your mind, you can resume the subscription.
How to cancel HBO Max through your cable provider
1. Log in to the HBO Max website†
2. Click on your account name in the upper right corner.
3. Click Subscription.
4. Check the name of your subscription provider†
5. Call your subscription provider or log into their website to cancel your HBO Max account.
In all likelihood, your HBO Max account is tied to an HBO subscription that you pay for through a cable or satellite provider. It may not be possible to cancel HBO Max without also canceling HBO.