Looking for advice on canceling Hulu? We won’t try to stop you (Hulu will). Whether you want to cancel because Hulu’s is due with new shows and movies next month meh or because you’re annoyed by their price hike to $6.99 a month (or more if you have Hulu with Live TV, one of the best cable TV alternatives), we’ve got seven easy steps to get rid of Hulu
There is also a bit of good news. Even if you cancel your Hulu account today, you won’t necessarily lose access to it. I just followed these steps to cancel my own Hulu account – no kidding, it was about time – but I still have it for the rest of my billing cycle. That way I get to see more of It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
Hulu may seem cheap at $6.99 a month, but those monthly costs add up quickly. That’s why many people may never agree to think to look up how to cancel Hulu because they think it’s cheap enough.
But if you know you’re not getting that much value out of your subscription, it’s time to cut the cord and move on. Because if you keep forgetting, you’ll end up spending $70 on a year of Hulu without realizing it, when you could have spent a third or less of that, while still getting a decent amount of hours out of that same account.
Cancel Hulu in 7 easy steps
We just double checked these steps and they still work!
1. login Hulu.com in a web browser and hover over the profile icon in the upper right corner†
2. Select account in the panel that opens.
3. You may be asked to enter your password and log in.
4. To scroll down the page (the option is a little way down) and select Cancel your subscription.
5. Hulu will try to prevent you from canceling. Select Continue to cancel.
6. Now Hulu is getting desperate and wants to know Why you cancel. Choose an option (No matter which) and click Continue to cancel.
7. Okay, you’re almost gone. You might get an offer to stay, like a free month of Hulu, like I did.
Ignore this and just select Unsubscribe. Otherwise you could be billed again.
Congratulations, you have successfully canceled your Hulu account!
Now that you’re done with team green, can we get you interested in our guides to the best streaming services and best Netflix shows? And if you’re having trouble loading the latter, do we recommend contacting Netflix customer service?
But since streaming isn’t all about Netflix and Hulu, and other services can stretch your budget, we’ve got instructions on how to cancel a Peacock subscription and cancel Starz on Amazon.