Want a free trial of Sling TV? Well, we couldn’t blame you. Sling is the best alternative to cable TV and kicking the tires is always a good thing. The unfortunate news is that you may not be able to find one – you’ll need to log in from a streaming device that isn’t a web browser. The best current Sling deal is your gateway to a free Chromecast with Google TV.
Now that the baseball lockdown is over, anyone looking for MLB live streams should check out Sling Blue as it has all the channels you need for the playoffs, provided you live in a select market where a FOX player partner is available.
A free trial of Sling TV, when available, is the best way to check out one of the best streaming services on the market. For cord cutters, Sling is one of the best alternatives to cable TV to get rid of that expensive monthly bill. But you might be wondering if it has all the channels you want, so it’s a good idea to try it out before subscribing.
After your first month, Sling (which is available on the best streaming devices) starts at $35 per month and gives you access to popular networks, including ESPN and CNN. It also offers local broadcast networks in certain regions. And you can sign up for extra perks like Showtime and Starz. And while we love fuboTV for its sports channels, the lack of TNT (which is on Sling) means no national NBA live streams from that channel.
Read our Sling TV review to learn more about the service. Sling TV continues to offer value for money as its competitors have increased their prices. YouTube TV and Hulu With Live TV now cost $65 per month. In the meantime, you can check out Sling TV deals to learn more about the aforementioned discounts.
While Sling TV doesn’t come with every channel you want, it has over 50 channels when you subscribe to both Sling Orange and Sling Blue, and some extras for an additional fee. Be sure to check out our guide to Sling TV’s channels and packages, and how to record programs on Sling TV.
Free Sling TV Trial: Sign Up
The next step will only work if a free trial of Sling TV is available. Check them now if you want, but we don’t find them working. Scroll down for another option.
1. on sling.com (opens in new tab)click on the orange box in the headline image that says “Try it for free” Note that Sling’s trial period is constantly changing, and it may also say “Get this offer”.
2. Enter your email address, a new password and click Register.
3. Select a service package. Your options are Sling’s Orange, Blue, or Orange-and-Blue combo pack. Here is an overview of Sling Orange vs Blue. Note the price differences: Orange gives you 30 channels for $35 a month, Blue packs 50 channels in for $35 a month, and the combo, which offers more than 50 channels, will set you back $50 a month.
Again, the duration of the trial always changes, so the Sling sign-up page may look slightly different.
4. Now scroll through the additional channel options:† Here you can choose whether you want to get more channels for an additional fee, such as Epix, CMT and others. You can also choose to sign up for Showtime and Starz. In addition, Sling allows you to upgrade to 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage (10 hours is free) when selecting extras. when you’re done, click continue†
5. Enter your credit card and move on. If I were you, I’d set a reminder saying “Make sure you want to pay for Sling,” set a few hours (at least) before the date and time listed at the top of this page. After that time, Sling will automatically start charging your credit card.
Finally, you’ve gone through the subscription process and you’re ready to start watching content. If you are using a computer, Sling TV can be used in Chrome or you want to download the app to your computer. If you prefer to watch it on the Apple TV or other device, download the app from the gadget’s app store and enter your credentials. If you decide not to continue the free trial, here’s how to cancel Sling.
Here’s another way to get a free trial of Sling TV, if the above methods don’t work:
like you download the Sling app or channel to any of these devices you should see a Watch now 7 days free button† Select that and you should be able to get a free trial of Sling TV.
- Amazon Fire TV
- Androids (phones and tablets via Google Play app)
- Android TV
- Apple tvOS
- iOS and iPadOS devices (via the Sling app in Apple’s app store)
- Smart TVs from LG and Samsung
- Xbox One